We’ve been saying for the last few years that the number of applicants for every role will increase. Well, in today’s Independent there is good news for graduates…but not all of it is positive.
First the good news:
- Job market showing signs of improving
- The number of jobs is increasing
- Starting salaries are rising
The bad news:
- Competition for top jobs is more intense than ever
- Companies receiving up to 150 CV’s for graduate positions
- Larger pool of graduates to choose from
Organisations are turning to online psychometric testing, like The McQuaig System, for help in whittling the large groups down. Testing is one part of the process and is often used in combination with phone interviews.