What is the McQuaig Psychometric System?
The McQuaig Psychometric System has helped companies understand people better for over 40 years. It is based on the premise that people behave fairly consistently from one situation to another.
As people behave consistently, the McQuaig Psychometric System is able to create role benchmarks based on the requirements of the job. This increases the chances of someone performing well in the role because it feels natural to them. In turn, employees are happier and more fulfilled when they come to work.
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. “
The McQuaig Psychometric System has a few components you may be asked to complete:
- McQuaig Word Survey®: there is no time-limit though most individuals take 10-20 minutes to complete the online Word Survey®. This assesses your core temperament and personality traits – how you prefer to behave.
- McQuaig Mental Agility Test® (formerly McQuaig Occupational Test®): this test will assess your ability to think quickly. In some roles, the ability to respond quickly and think on your feet is important, in other less so. This is a timed 15 minute test.
- McQuaig Self-Development Survey®: this assessment will identify your natural strengths and provide an action plan for you to follow.
Ultimately the McQuaig Psychometric System will be used in three areas:
- Ability: To assess if you are capable of doing the job
- Temperament: To assess how you will go about doing your job
- Character: To assess whether you have the learned behaviours necessary to use your ability and temperament in the right way.
Have you been asked to complete a McQuaig Word Survey? Get more information here.