Getting the most out of your people is critical to the health of the individual, the team and the Company. The McQuaig Psychometric System is perfect for the job.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Increase self-awareness: Get individuals to complete a McQuaig Word Survey® (behavioural profile) so that they understand where their strengths are but also potential development areas.
- Prioritise: You only have a set number of hours in a day. Highlight those that you wish to work with immediately. Set times scales for the others.
- Agree a development plan for each: You can use the McQuaig Self Development Survey™ (included in your Unlimited Access Package). Stick to the plan. Make time on a regular basis to review and agree the next stage.
- Consider the effects on the whole team: If the individual is part of a team consider the effects the self-development plans may have on the team as a whole. Consider grouping together individuals of similar temperament to get the most out of the exercise.
- Make this process part of the annual appraisal process: People will greatly the value you the time you invest in them.
- Stick to the process throughout the year: Avoid dipping in and out of development plans on an ad-hoc basis. Consistency is key.
This is all about the individuals taking ownership of their own development and making them more conscious not only of their strengths but also development areas. It will maintain their strengths and help them put in plans to ensure any development areas do not affect them or the team in a negative way. It will also help the Line Manager engage with their teams and support their development.
Stronger more productive individuals and teams will develop leading to an increase in productivity, improved motivation and reduced staff turnover.
For more information about the McQuaig Self-Development Survey™ click here