Interview tips: What is self-motivation?
In this series, discover great tips to enhance your selection strategy.
When someone attacks projects and tasks with energy, they will be:
- Passionate about work activities.
- Goes above and beyond what’s expected.
Points to consider:
- You can’t teach someone self‐motivation. You either have it or you don’t.
- The hiring challenge is to establish if the ‘enthusiastic self-starter’ you are interviewing really is self-motivated.
- Often it doesn’t take long for a highly motivated person to out-perform their peers only months into a job.
- The problem in interviews is all candidates can appear self-motivated.
We offer a fantastic workshop called Effective Interviews and Selection, a ‘must-do’, for anyone involved in the recruitment process. Find out more here . The next public workshop is on 19th November 2013 in central London.
To find out more about the McQuaig Psychometric System visit www.mcquaig.co.uk or call 0203 111 9292.