These are the six characteristics to look out for. They are the inner hidden traits that make people successful in their work.
1 Positive Attitudes.
- The ability to say yes.
- To expect success.
- To believe in oneself.
- To look for the best in situations & people.
2 Internal Motivation.
- Top capacity for work.
- The drive to work under pressure.
- The desire to break down barriers & get results.
- The willingness to try.
3 Persistence & Determination.
- The will to never quit.
- To keep trying when others give up.
- To stick with an assignment until the job is complete.
4 Mature Character.
- The willingness to consider others & be flexible.
- Realistic thinking.
- The ability to take responsibility for mistakes.
- Good judgement.
5 Aptitudes & Intelligence.
- The specific aptitude for the specific job.
- Intelligence, that general quality which determines the ability of each individual to learn quickly & think fast.
6 The Right Temperament.
- For management – drive, sociability, competitiveness, determination.
- For individual contributors – the ability to take direction, to work as part of a team, patience, analytical skills, detail orientation.
Text taken from: How to interview and hire productive people, by Jack, Peter & Don McQuaig.
To find out how the McQuaig Psychometric System can benefit your organisation, contact us here or call 0203 111 9292.