This easy-to-use checklist is taken from the Job Fit (Interview Guide) by The McQuaig Psychometric System™
1. Before the Interview
• Review job requirements, the candidate’s resume and psychometric profile (the McQuaig Word Survey®)
• Telephone screen the candidate to clarify skills and fit.
• Review the interview questions and get an understanding of what to expect in the responses.
2. Interview Structure (1 hour interview)
• First 5 Minutes: Offer a refreshment, develop rapport; make the candidate feel comfortable, discuss areas of common interest.
• Next 5 Minutes: Inform candidate of interview structure; provide a brief overview of your company and the role but do not describe specific qualities that you seek in the ideal candidate.
• Next 40 minutes: Candidate provides information about job history. If the candidate has questions, defer to the end of the interview.
• Final 10+ minutes: Candidate asks questions. Discuss the great opportunity that your company provides, but also make them aware of the possible challenges the successful candidate may face.
3. After the Interview
• Review your notes, add detail, score responses and make a recommendation.
• In most countries, human rights or equal opportunity legislation makes it unlawful to ask or record anything that would indicate the candidate’s age, sex, marital or family status, etc.